Saturday, October 1, 2011

Perry attacks Romney, Obama in policy speech

Rick Perry said Friday anyone with doubts about how he would govern as president should simply look at Texas. In his first domestic policy speech as a candidate for the White House, Perry touted his decade at the helm of the Lone Star state, where he said he'd kept taxes low, environmental regulations at bay and signed sweeping medical malpractice reform into law.

Perry drew a stark contrast between his record and that of Mitt Romney, his chief GOP rival, and raised the specter of the health care law Romney ushered through as governor.

"As Republican voters decide who is best suited to lead this country in a new direction by stopping the spending spree and scrapping Obamacare, I am confident they will choose a nominee who has governed on conservative principles, not one whose health care policies paved the way for Obamacare," Perry said.
"I knew when I got into this race I would have my hands full fighting President Obama's big government agenda. I just didn't think it would be in the Republican primary," Perry continued.

No comments: