Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gibbs Duh uh

TAPPER:  David Axelrod said something that the president has been saying for a long time, which is that Republicans are holding the middle-class tax cuts hostage.  I understand it, Democrats haven't introduced a bill in the Senate, and the Republicans have.  Wouldn't there have to be a bill that Republicans are threatening to block or blocking before anything is being held hostage?
 
GIBBS:  I don't know what bills have been introduced in the Senate.  Obviously, I think the -- the posture of -- I don't think the bill would have to be the existence of -- I mean, I think their rhetoric alone, from Senator McConnell and others, have been that the price of -- there's a $700 billion price tag on moving forward on the tax cuts for the middle class.  That's the tax cuts for the wealthy.
 
TAPPER:  So there doesn't have to be an actual...

So doens't there have to be an actual bill being blocked before the president should say the Republicans are blocking the bill? Or does the president just lie? $5 on the later.

No comments: