Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gingrich Ruthlessly Mocks Obama's 'Algae' Energy Policy



20:56:20 Now I want you to imagine the debate this fall . The president was right the other day. He's so nervous about gasoline prices and energy that he's done two major speeches. I thought today, one of the most shallow and self-serving comments by a president that I've heard in a long time. He was candid in his press conference. He said, you know I’m really worried about higher gas prices because it will make it harder for me to get re-elected. I did not make this up. It's nice to know that the president once again has managed to take the pain of American people and turn into his own personal problem.

20:57:10 Now the fact is I'd love to debate this president because when you read these speeches, they are so deliciously incoherent, they are the perfect case study of liberalism run amuck. The president says, 'the republicans have three strategies: drilling, drilling drilling.' And I want to say tonight, Mr. President this is one of the rare occasions where I can say you are right. But the president had an alternative to drilling and this is why debating him would be one of those moments where you could sell tickets to charity (applause).

20:58:11 The President said we have to be practical. Drilling won’t solve it. And then he offered his practical solution. Anybody here remember what it was? Algae. Algae. I mean I think this summer as gas prices keep going up, one of our campaign techniques should be to go to gas stations with jar of algae and say to people would you rather have the Gingrich solution of drilling and having more oil or would you like to try to put this in your gas tank. I'm amazed that SNL hasn’t taken that speech and turned that into a skit. You can’t make this stuff up. But what made it really totally and intellectually incoherent, was literally 2 pages after he explined drilling doesn’t work, the president explains we've had this great breakthrough of natural gas. That we now have thanks to new technology over 100 year supply of natural gas. That in fact we're going to creat 600k new jobs in next decade out of natural gas. And I'm still waiting for WH reporters to come out of their comatose reelect Obama stance and ask the following question, how does the president think we discovered the natural gas?

No comments: