Thursday, February 2, 2012

ABC's Anti-Romney Highlight Reel Recycles 'Poor' Comment Three Times in Three Minutes

Romney on Wednesday told CNN, "I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there." After showing that, Muir then played a video montage of "Mitt's moments." The clips included, "Corporations are people, my friends. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. I'll tell you what, $10,000 bucks? $10,000 bet? I'm not concerned about the very poor."



Setting up the poor comment, Muir previewed, "When answering a question about a new poll showing more voters think that President Obama understands the needs of average Americans than Governor Romney does, the governor answered this way."

Seconds after showing Romney saying, "We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it," Muir added, "But when pressed about how this sounded-" and then played the remark again.

With help from ABC, it hardly seems that the Democratic National Committee needs to work very hard on commercials.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2012/02/02/abcs-anti-romney-highlight-reel-recycles-poor-comment-three-times-th#ixzz1lFiOkNzu

No comments: