Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sen. McConnell: Obama "Holding The Gulf Hostage"

The slimy truth is slipping out ...

"If my house is on fire, I don't need the fire chief telling me I should not have built the house out of wood. I need somebody to put the fire out," Republican Alabama Gov. Bob Riley told Fox News on Wednesday. "We have a crisis here. ... Last night, we were going through again the same type of rhetorical persuasion that the president is very good at, but not now."

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., was quoted by The San Francisco Chronicle saying, "the climate bill isn't going to stop the oil leak." Stopping the leak should come first, she said.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he agrees with Feinstein and that the energy policy proposed by Obama will not help Gulf residents in the near-term.

"What they're doing here in effect is holding the Gulf hostage to a national energy tax," he told Fox News.

No comments: