Saturday, February 6, 2010

Freedom Is The Reason




The silent majority will be silent no more.

From the films producer: They came first for the gun owners, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a gun owner; And then they came for the smokers, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a smoker; And then they came for the gas guzzlers, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a gas guzzler; And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

... loosely based on a poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöllerthe original is as follows:

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

No comments: